Camps Bay offers visitors one of the most sought-after destinations of all as far as views, luxury and lifestyle go. Imagine a long, gorgeous white beach at the edge of beautiful turquoise ocean waters. As you turn around, you take in the swaying palm trees, side-walk cafes, and the spectacular backdrop of the Twelve Apostles mountains. If you can imagine this, then you will have a good idea what a visit to Camps Bay will offer. Boasting some of the best views imaginable, it is no wonder that this area has been lauded for its breath-taking scenery.
Situated on the Atlantic Seaboard, between Llandudno and Clifton, Camps Bay is easily one of Cape Town’s most popular areas. This destination has often been compared to the South of France, with a laid-back atmosphere and idyllic beauty that lends itself to honeymoons, holidays and much-needed breaks. The beach has been designated with Blue Flag status, with endless stretches of white sand flanked by the blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Alongside the beach lies the bustling beachfront, which is lined with cafes, bars, restaurants and trendy shops that are sure to keep any avid traveller busy for days. During the hot summer months, this is the perfect place to enjoy a sunset cocktail or soak up the sun on one of Africa’s most famous beaches.
Creating a picture-perfect backdrop, the rocky Twelve Apostles mountain range further adds to the beauty of the area. A number of our holiday apartments and Camps Bay villas offer views of the mountain, with many boasting equally lovely views of the ocean as well. Few things compare to ending off your day watching the sun set over the ocean, as you enjoy the world-class views that have made Camps Bay accommodation highly in demand throughout the year.
Why Book Camps Bay Accommodation?
Whether you are dreaming of an unforgettable honeymoon, or you are planning a long-deserved holiday with family or friends, Camps Bay accommodation is the perfect choice. Thanks to its central location, this area is just 10 minutes from the City Centre and its many museums, art galleries, landmarks and attractions. It’s even closer to the renowned V&A Waterfront, which is home to the Two Oceans Aquarium, Victoria & Alfred shopping centre, and an abundance of restaurants, shops and activities.
If it’s beaches you’re longing to enjoy, Camps Bay has not only its own primary beach, but also a number of smaller beaches. Glen Beach, Maiden’s Cove and Oudekraal are just a few of the beaches that can be found within the area. Clifton and its four beaches are just next door, while the tranquil beach of Llandudno is also nearby. Should you feel like exploring the Atlantic Seaboard further, you can travel along scenic roads to reach the sleepy village of Hout Bay. Sea Point Promenade, Green Point Urban Park and the Cape Town Stadium are all at your doorstep, while additional attractions such as the Bo Kaap and De Waterkant are less than 10 minutes away.
Some of the top reasons to book Camps Bay accommodation include the following:
- Diverse accommodation. From compact apartments close to the beach, to large villas catering to 6 or more guests, you are sure to find plenty of variety in accommodation here. For those seeking luxurious abodes, we have a wide selection of 4 and 5-star accommodation options. This makes planning your holiday easier than ever, with a great diversity to suit just about every preference.
- Wining and dining. The Camps Bay beachfront features a number of excellent cafes, restaurants and cocktail bars, while the area in general offers excellent wining and dining. Look out for local favourites such as Dizzy’s, which specialises in pizza; Café Caprice, a popular cocktail bar that is open day and night; The Roundhouse, an elegant venue overlooking the bay; Hussar Grill, which specialises in outstanding grills; Paranga, offering the best ocean views and Blues, an institution in Camps Bay.
- Shopping. The Promenade is Camps Bay’s resident shopping centre. Situated on Victoria Road aka the main beachfront road, this mall houses a number of stores, including restaurants, coffee shops, a post office, spas, salons, art galleries, real estate agents, pharmacy and a supermarket. Less than 10 minutes away lies the V&A Waterfront and the CBD, both offering additional shops.
- Entertainment. Boasting a vibrant nightlife, Camps Bay comes alive after the sun has set. In addition to the wide range of bars and restaurants on hand, other highlights include the Theatre on the Bay, which is the ideal place to watch a number of shows, from comedy to drama, musicals and everything in between. Dizzy’s hosts weekly karaoke, while The Bungalow is conveniently located next door in Clifton. Movies can be enjoyed at the nearby V&A mall.
- Romance ready. Needless to say, many honeymooners and couples seek out Camps Bay accommodation. This area seems designed for romance. Many of our villas are equipped with sumptuous master bedrooms, private pools and hot tubs, making them perfect for a romantic escape. With many spas, beaches and leisure activities on offer, the destination offers magical place for romance.
- Family-friendly. Many of our accommodation in Camps Bay caters to families of all sizes. While some villas and apartments are not suitable for very small children, many cater specifically to families travelling with kids. Large lawns, swimming pools and ample space with cots, high chairs and twin beds further add to the area’s appeal to families.
Browse Featured Camps Bay Accommodation
Now that you know a little more about what to expect when visiting this area, we’re here to help you find the perfect place to stay. ComeToCapeTown.com offers an excellent selection of villas, apartments and holiday houses in Camps Bay. Whatever your needs may be, you are sure to find the ideal choice. Our Curated Collection showcases the very best of the best, featuring some of our most in demand accommodation.
To get started, simply peruse the featured accommodation in Camps Bay below and click on your preferred property. From there, you can make an enquiry to check availability, and secure your booking. Got any questions about finding Camps Bay accommodation? Contact the ComeToCapeTown.com team right now for assistance!