Green Point accommodation offers the best of both worlds – a bustling urban lifestyle, and an amazingly scenic surrounds. This area is situated between De Waterkant and Sea Point, and is famous for being home to Cape Town Stadium, as well as the start of the Sea Point promenade. Accommodation here is quite varied – there are lots of trendy apartments, as well as spacious villas, central holiday homes, charming guest houses and many other options besides. If you’re looking for somewhere that is close to all the major attractions, while still being near the sea, this is a great choice.
What makes Green Point popular is that it has its own entirely unique atmosphere that attracts everyone from holidaymakers to up and coming locals in the creative industry, senior citizens, long-term tourists, the pink population, students and just about anyone else in search of a relaxed yet vibrant coastal lifestyle. On the Main Road, you will find a range of shops, restaurants, bars and cafes, while Somerset Road is where much of the nightlife is found. The popular hotspots of De Waterkant are a stone’s throw away too, with highlights such as Cape Quarter shopping centre within easy reach. You can also head to the City Centre, Camps Bay or the Waterfront in no time at all.
Why Book Green Point Accommodation?
Thanks to its bustling urban village atmosphere and diversity of accommodation options, Green Point has become a highly sought-after suburb. Over the years, a number of developments have helped to create a safe, inviting neighbourhood that is ideal for holidays, honeymoons, business trips and various other travel requirements. While it is part of the Atlantic Seaboard, lying right next door to Sea Point, it is just minutes away from the City Centre, making it the perfect balance of city and coast.
Some of the top reasons to book your Green Point accommodation include the following:
- Diverse accommodation. While Green Point apartments make up a fairly big share of the overall accommodation, there are many other options also found here. If you are looking for catered or managed places to stay, you will be able to take your pick from luxurious guest houses and bed and breakfasts as well as modern hotels. If on the other hand you prefer the freedom of self catering, you will be spoiled for choice with a wide variety of apartments, villas, cottages and holiday homes, all of which are fully self catered. This diversity means that just about every single traveller will have no trouble finding the perfect place to stay. Whatever your budget, group size and requirements may be, there is something for everyone here.
- Wining and dining. There are a few key areas for wining and dining in this part of the city. Somerset Road is a bustling main road that runs from the City Centre, through De Waterkant and into Green Point. Here, you will find a number of bars and restaurants. Off Somersert, you will find popular areas such as The Foundry, which lies on Prestwich Street. Beluga is one such hotspot found here, serving sushi, dim sum and excellent cocktails. Other places to look out for in the area include Gold Restaurant on Bennet Street, Pigalle on Somerset Lane and El Burro on Main Road. If you’re feeling in the mood for something different, the nearby V&A Waterfront mall is home to many cafes and restaurants. There are also restaurants found at the Cape Quarter centre in De Waterkant next door. A short drive will get you to the strip of Camps Bay, while Sea Point is also home to a number of restaurants along Beach Road and Main Road.
- Shopping. The V&A is a few minutes away from most accommodation in Green Point. As one of the country’s top malls (and possibly the top rated mall in Africa), this world-class shopping destination has it all… designer stores, homeware, electronics, books, facilities and anything else you could ever need. Even closer however is the Cape Quarter. Although not as big as the V&A, this mall has some excellent shops, plus a few cafes. Other shopping options in the greater Atlantic Seaboard and City Bowl areas include Lifestyles on Kloof and Gardens Shopping Centre in Gardens, Greenmarket Square in the City Centre, The Promenade mall in Camps Bay and many smaller stand alone stores along Kloof and Long Street.
- Entertainment. Green Point is a well-known ‘pink’ area, with a small but excellent selection of gay bars. But it also houses many other entertainment options that can be enjoyed by all. Highlights in the area include Cape Town Stadium, which hosts regular concerts and sporting events; Beefcakes cabaret bistro; Cape Town Comedy Club at the Pump House in the Waterfront; Richard’s Supper Stage in Three Anchor Bay; 80s dance club Deco Dance on Main Road; Jade Champagne Bar & Lounge on Main Road; Rockwell Dinner Theatre on Prestwich Street; Cube Sports Bar on Main Road Sea Point and many, many others. The V&A house cinemas, while the Labia Theatre in Gardens also has a small, art house cinema with an old-fashioned bar. The clubs and bars of Long Street are not too far, either.
- Romance ready. Thanks to a broad range of Green Point villas and other accommodation options, this area is ideal for centrally based places to stay for honeymoons or other romantic breaks. Many of our accommodation choices are fully equipped for fuss-free self catering. A number have exclusive features ranging from swimming pools to hot tubs and luxurious master suites. You and your loved one will have the advantage of being close to all the attractions, while still being out of the main CBD. With views of mountain and ocean enjoyed from most of our villas and apartments, you will soon see why Green Point has become one of the city’s most sought-after destinations.
- Family-friendly. As much as the area caters to couples, young people, gays and business travellers, it is also ideal for family holidays. This diverse, eclectic area puts you in easy reach of some of the city’s top attractions – most of which are kid friendly. In the area, you will find the amazing Green Point Urban Park. This community park is free to enjoy, boasting a wetlands, play park and Biodiversity Garden. Also nearby is the Sea Point Promenade – home to a put put course, public swimming pools, small beach and long walkway. Other attractions nearby include the Two Oceans Aquarium at the Waterfront and the South African National Museum and planetarium in the City Bowl.
Browse Our Featured Green Point Accommodation
Now that you know a little more about what to expect when visiting this area, we’re here to help you find the perfect place to stay. ComeToCapeTown.com offers an excellent selection of holiday apartments, villas and self catering properties in Green Point. Whatever your needs may be, you are sure to find what you are looking for. Our Curated Collection showcases the very best of the best, featuring some of our most sought-after accommodation.
To get started, view our featured accommodation in Green Point below. From there, you can make an enquiry to check availability, and secure your booking. Got any questions about finding Green Point accommodation? Contact the ComeToCapeTown.com team right now for assistance!