With summer just around the corner, October events in Cape Town offer something for everyone to enjoy – getting you out and about in the glorious sunshine!
From the popular Rocking the Daisies Festival that kicks off this weekend, to much-awaited annual events such as Pinotage on Tap, this month is all about festivals, food, fresh air and fun.
Whether you are in the Mother City on holiday in October, or a local seeking awesome things to do this month, make sure you get out there and enjoy the thrilling build-up to summer with a host of things to see, do, taste and experience!
What’s Happening in Cape Town This October?
So what’s happening in Cape Town this October? Pretty much anything and everything you could imagine. The spring weather is not always reliable, and the months of long, hot days and long, warm nights are not quite here just yet, but we guarantee that you will be kept busy throughout October with these fantastic events.
Here is a sneak peek of October events happening in Cape Town over the course of the month…
- The shnit International Short Film Festival, Gardens – 3 – 7 October
- Pick n Pay Women’s Walk, Kenilworth – 6 October
- Season of Sauvignon, Durbanville – 6 – 8 October
- Rocking the Daisies, Cloof Wine Estate, Darling – 4 – 7 October
- Oktober Festival at Blaauwklippen, Stellenbosch – 7 October
- Breedekloof Outdoor Festival, Breede River Valley – 12 – 15 October
- Cape Town International Boat Show, Cape Town City Centre – 12 – 15 October
- Simons Town Penguin Festival, Simons Town – 13 October
- Clanwilliam Bass Classic, Clanwilliam – 13 October
- Dragon Boat Festival Regatta, Muizenberg – 13 October
- Pinotage on Tap, Diemersfontein Wine Estate – 13 October
- The Baby Expo Cape Town, Cape Town City Centre – 14 – 17 October (dates TBC)
- Cape Town Gun Run, Green Point Stadium – 14 October
- Robertson Wine on the River, Robertson – 19 – 21 October
- Out in Africa Gay & Lesbian Film Festival, V&A Waterfront – 19 – 29 October
- Klein Optenhorst Spring Open Garden, Wellington – 20 – 22 October
- Helderberg Wine Route Amazing Race, Somerset West – 20 – 22 October
- Prince Albert Agricultural Show, Prince Albert – 21 – 23 October (dates TBC)
- Kamers Vol Geskenke (Room Full of Gifts), Lourensford Wine Estate, Somerset West – 21 – 27 October
- Constantia Valley Grape Run, Constantia – 23 October (dates TBC)
- South African Horrorfest, Gardens – 24 October – 2 November
- International Oriental Dance Festival, V&A Waterfront – 25 – 28 October
- Cape Gate Home and Decor Expo, Brackenfell – 26 October
- Cape Outdoor Adventure & Travel Expo, Cape Winelands – 26 – 29 October
- Maritime & Coastal Security Africa, Foreshore – 26 – 29 October (dates TBC)
- Franschhoek Christmas Market, Franshhoek – 26 October – 1 November
- Cape Town Diwali Festival, Century City – 27 October
- Hout Bay Green Faire, Hout Bay – 27 October
- Secret Food and Wine Festival and Conference, Spier Wine Estate, Stellenbosch – 27 – 28 October
- Greyton Rose Fair, Greyton – 27 – 29 October
- Paarl Cultivaria Festival, Paarl – 27 – 31 October (dates TBC)
- Franschhoek Classical Music Festival, Franshhoek – 28 – 31 October (dates TBC)
- The Annual Reach For A Dream Gala Dinner, Camps Bay – 29 October (dates TBC)
- aSCAREium, V&A Waterfront – 30 October
- Halloween in Cape Town – 31 October
Indulge in good wine, culture, outdoor adventures, festivals, music, film and all the other good things up ahead this month, and you are sure to get into the spring festivities in no time at all. Before you know it, summer will be here with even more reasons to come to Cape Town!
How do you plan to spend October in Cape Town? Share your ideas on our Facebook page!