If you’re looking for a central yet scenic area, Sea Point accommodation is the perfect choice. Sea Point lies in between Green Point and Bantry Bay in Cape Town, just a few minutes away from the City Centre and Camps Bay respectively. Equal parts urban hub and relaxing coastal escape, this Atlantic Seaboard suburb has everything you could need for your travels. It’s all business on the Main Road, all entertainment on Beach Road and all relaxation on the beaches. The promenade is one of the main highlights, offering the perfect place to take a walk, jog or photo expedition – you can also enjoy some of the best sunsets in town.
Surrounded by mountains to the one side and the shimmering ocean on the other, in between you will find a bustling Main Road dotted with shops, restaurants, banks and other facilities, as well as the always-popular Beach Road. On this road, some of the city’s most treasured hotspots are found – look out for Harvey’s at the Winchester, which offers a great place to enjoy a cocktail on a sunny day.
Why Book Sea Point Accommodation?
The biggest advantage that Sea Point accommodation offers is that it offers a good mixture of convenience, views, atmosphere, facilities and options. You could easily find a cosy, Victorian style holiday home in the same block as a trendy apartment block. Luxury villas lie close to hotels boasting sea views.
Some of the top reasons to book your Sea Point accommodation include the following:
- Diverse accommodation. From trendy Sea Point apartments all the way to hotels, aparthotels, guest houses and managed accommodation options, Sea Point has something for everyone. Many apartments overlook the sea, while others also boast mountain views. Depending on your needs and budget, you will have no trouble finding the ideal place to stay during your holiday.
- Wining and dining. Beach Road is home to many restaurants, ranging from Harvey’s at The Winchester to La Perla. Main Road is also a good sport to find places to grab a bite to eat. Look out for La Boheme, Bella Italia, Posticino, Empire Asian and others. On Regent Road, you will find La Mouette. This restaurant is famous for its fine dining tasting menu. There are a number of restaurants and bars found next door along Somerset Road – the bustling main road that runs from the City Centre, through De Waterkant and into Green Point. Also in this area, you will find popular areas such as Beluga at The Foundry, which lies on Prestwich Street. The nearby V&A Waterfront mall is home to a wide variety of dining options. There are also restaurants found at the Cape Quarter centre in De Waterkant a few minutes away, and many others found on the beachfront of Camps Bay.
- Shopping. Looking for some retail therapy? You will find a good variety of malls and stores in the area. On Main Road, there are a few grocery stores and other stores such as pharmacies and smaller shops. The V&A is a just a quick drive from most accommodation in Sea Point. One of the best rated malls in Africa, this fantastic shopping centre has everything you need, from designer stores to homeware stores, book shops, facilities and many other shops. Also nearby in De Waterkant is Cape Quarter, which has a variety of shops and cafes. Other shopping options that are close to Sea Point include Lifestyles on Kloof and Gardens Shopping Centre in the City Bowl area, Greenmarket Square in the City Centre, The Promenade mall in Camps Bay and various other smaller stand-alone stores.
- Entertainment. Sea Point is central to many major entertainment options in the city and its surrounds. Highlights to enjoy the area include Cape Town Stadium in Green Point, which hosts regular concerts and sporting events; Beefcakes, Rockwell Dinner Theatre, Jade Champagne Bar and Deco Dance, all in Green Point; Cape Town Comedy Club at the Pump House in the Waterfront; Richard’s Supper Stage in Three Anchor Bay; retro style dance club Deco Dance on Main Road; Strolla Bar on Beach Road; Stones pool bar on Regent Road, and many, others as well. There are cinemas found at the V&A and at the Labia Theatre in Gardens. The clubs and bars of Long Street are a short drive or Uber, too.
- Romance ready. With its combination of magical ocean views, mountain backdrop and proximity to the city’s top attractions, Sea Point is a central choice for honeymoons, couples’ retreats and any other travel with a loved one. Thanks to the diversity of accommodation, variety of restaurants and easy access to destinations such as the V&A Waterfront and CBD, this area has everything you could ever need (and more). Many of our accommodation options have luxurious suites and other touches that enhance your stay.
- Family-friendly. While the area is perfect for couples, friends and business travellers, it is also great for family getaways. This central area puts you in easy reach of some of the city’s top attractions, many of which are family friendly. Next door to Sea Point lies the Green Point Urban Park – a free community park boasting a wetlands, play park and Biodiversity Garden. On your doorstep is the Sea Point Promenade, which offers a put put course, public pools, small beach and long walk wrapping round the ocean. Other nearby landmarks for kids to enjoy include the Two Oceans Aquarium in the Waterfront, plus the South African National Museum and Company Gardens in the City Bowl.
Browse Our Featured Sea Point Accommodation
Now that you know a little more about what to expect when visiting this area, we’re here to help you find the perfect place to stay. ComeToCapeTown.com offers an excellent selection of holiday apartments and self catering properties in Sea Point. Whatever your needs may be, you are sure to find what you are looking for. Our Curated Collection showcases the very best of the best, featuring some of our most sought-after accommodation.
To get started, view our featured accommodation in Sea Point below. From there, you can make an enquiry to check availability, and secure your booking. Got any questions about finding Sea Point accommodation? Contact the ComeToCapeTown.com team right now for assistance!