If you’re looking to escape the hustle and bustle, Llandudno accommodation is sure to offer an oasis of coastal calm. This primarily residential area lies on the Atlantic Seaboard of Cape Town, somewhere between Camps Bay and Hout Bay. In 1903, the valley that included the beach and its surrounding residential area was declared a township and named Llandudno, after the North Wales seaside resort of Llandudno, which means “Parish of Saint Tudno” in the Welsh language. The similarities between this Atlantic Seaboard village and the village of Llandudno in Wales were the primary motivation for choosing this name.
One of this neighbourhood’s biggest attractions is its beautiful beach, which is flanked by mountain and dotted with large boulders. Private, sheltered and far less crowded than other nearby beaches, this is a great place to enjoy a picnic, catch some rays, watch the sun set over the Atlantic Ocean or take a swim (beware though: these waters are rather chilly and the currents are very strong as well). Llandudno also enjoys some of the best surf along the Atlantic Seaboard, so if you are into surfing, this is the place to be.
Aside from its lovely beach, Llandudno is unique in that it has a strictly residential approach to keep it as peaceful as possible. There are no streetlights, no restaurants, no shops and no bars to be found anywhere within the suburb. There is also very little parking, which further helps to reduce traffic to the area. If you need to get out and about however, Camps Bay and its bustling beachfront is just minutes away, while the City Bowl and Hout Bay are also within easy reach. In terms of tranquillity and quiet, you are sure to enjoy its seclusion and beauty.
Why Book Llandudno Accommodation?
If you are seeking a peaceful location that feels far away from everything, while still being near enough to access nearby beaches and attractions, accommodation in Llandudno is sure to be just what you need. This tranquil seaside neighbourhood offers the ultimate escape, just minutes from the City Centre and other top destinations. Whether you are planning your honeymoon or dreaming of a well-deserved break with family or friends, this destination has everything you need for a relaxing holiday.
Some of the top reasons to book your Llandudno accommodation include the following:
- Diverse accommodation. Llandudno villas and holiday homes cater to a variety of guest requirements. Some of the city’s most sought-after real estate is found here, with large, beautifully designed properties that make full use of their surrounding landscapes. For those seeking accommodation in this area, this means plenty of diversity to suit your every need. Some of our featured accommodation is found in walking distance to the beach, while other properties are positioned on the slopes of the mountain, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Many boast both ocean and mountain views. Whether you are looking for a spacious family villa, or a free standing cottage or self-catering home, you are sure to find what you need here.
- Wining and dining. Llandudno itself is strictly residential, with no restaurants, shops or even street lights. What this means is a peaceful area that is free of noise and activity. Don’t assume that you’ll never have anything to do on your holiday however. The famous Camps Bay beachfront and its many restaurants, bars and cafes is right next door, offering a staggering diversity of wining and dining options. By day, hotspots such as Café Caprice bring in the beach going crowds. Once the sun sets, many restaurants and cocktail bars come to life. On the other side of Llandudno lies Hout Bay, which is home to a variety of restaurants and bars. A 15 minute drive will get you into Constantia – home to one of the oldest wine routes. Less than 30 minutes away lies the Cape Town CBD, which is where a number of top restaurants and bars are found. The V&A Waterfront is also a short drive away, offering a large variety of wining and dining options. So, even if Llandudno itself is strictly residential, finding places to enjoy a meal is not hard at all.
- Shopping. There are a few shopping options in easy reach of Llandudno. The nearest centre is The Promenade, which is found in Camps Bay. Although this mall is fairly small, it offers a variety of interesting shops as well as numerous facilities. A bit further lies the world-renowned V&A Waterfront. This is one of the most famous shopping centres in Africa, boasting a number of designer stores, along with a cinema, plenty of restaurants and facilities. In De Waterkant, there is the Cape Quarter shopping centre, while the CBD offers a selection of shops on roads such as Long, Kloof, Church and Shortmarket Streets. This means that you will have no trouble getting your retail therapy for the day, whichever shopping centre you decide to explore.
- Entertainment. Camps Bay has a bustling strip along with a theatre (Theatre on the Bay) that shows a variety of performances throughout the year. At the V&A Waterfront, there is the Cape Town Comedy Club, and the amphitheatre – the latter of which often has free shows. The Cape Town Stadium in Green Point often puts on concerts and sporting events. In Gardens, which lies in the City Bowl area, you will find the intimate Labia Theatre – a favourite for art house movies. The V&A also has cinemas. Within the CBD there are a number of entertainment venues, ranging from dinner theatres to comedy and cabaret venues.
- Romance ready. One of the many things that makes Llandudno accommodation so perfect for romance is its tranquil, secluded nature. As this area is strictly residential, with no street lights or commercial activity, there is a sense of being far, far removed from the crowds. Many Llandudno cottages and holiday homes are set far back from the road, offering plenty of privacy. A number are fitted with luxurious features that further add to your stay, from hot tubs to plunge pools and sumptuous master suites. With so much to do in the area, you can choose whether to spend your days soaking up to the sun on the beach or exploring what the city has to offer.
- Family-friendly. It’s not just ideally suited to couples, either. This area boasts a variety of large holiday homes that are perfect for larger groups and families. The beach is child friendly, while many family activities can be enjoyed nearby. From Hout Bay attractions such as World of Birds and Clay Café, to the V&A Waterfront and its Two Oceans Aquarium, Scratch Patch and Watershed craft market, kids will never be short of things to do. The beaches of Camps Bay and Clifton are in easy reach, while the Constantia Winelands can be accessed quickly and easily. In the CBD, there are countless activities, ranging from the Cape Castle to the South African National Museum and VOC Company’s Garden and many others besides.
Browse Our Featured Llandudno Accommodation
Now that you know a little more about what to expect when visiting this area, we’re here to help you find the perfect place to stay. ComeToCapeTown.com offers an excellent selection of villas, apartments and holiday houses in Llandudno. Whatever your needs may be, you are sure to find what you are looking for. Our Curated Collection showcases the very best of the best, featuring some of our most sought-after accommodation.
To get started, view our featured accommodation in Llandudno below. From there, you can make an enquiry to check availability, and secure your booking. Got any questions about finding Llandudno accommodation? Contact the ComeToCapeTown.com team right now for assistance!