Clifton accommodation presents an exclusive residential area that is most famous for its four spectacular beaches. These include Clifton First, Second, Third and Fourth, with Fourth enjoying its recognition as a Blue Flag beach. Along with some of Cape Town’s most expensive real estate, this suburb is also home to a range of luxury villas in Clifton that lie close to the beach, ideally positioned with views of the ocean or nestled in a wind-sheltered area for optimal privacy. The central location of Clifton makes this a popular suburb for locals and visitors alike, with the Waterfront and City Centre just a few minutes away.
Home to the famous Millionaire’s Row, which comprises some of the most expensive properties in South Africa, Clifton is often referred to as Africa’s St Tropez. Large granite boulders separate each of the area’s beaches, providing shelter against the notorious south-easterly wind that blows across Cape Town. The suburb lies between Bantry Bay and Camps Bay along the Atlantic Seaboard, with no restaurants, shops or streetlights to mar the sense of peace and quiet that has made Clifton so idyllic.
Why Book Clifton Accommodation & Holiday Rentals?
As beautiful as it is, accommodation in Clifton offers far more than meets the eye. Along with its prestigious reputation and majestic views, the area also offers quite a few highlights that have made it one of the top places to stay in Cape Town.
Some of the top reasons to book your Clifton accommodation include the following:
- Diverse accommodation. Spectacular villas, vacation homes, mansions and stunning Clifton apartments abound in this highly sought-after neighbourhood. For visitors that prefer the finer things in life, it does not get much finer than the luxurious villas that are found in Clifton. Uninterrupted views of the Atlantic Ocean, easy access to beaches, no loud noises and crowds after dark and shelter from the wind are just the beginning. Imagine yourself sipping a cocktail in a sparkling rim-flow swimming pool as you take in the sight of yachts, gentle waves and a memorable Cape sunset, and you will begin to see why Clifton is one of the most sought-after places to stay.
- Wining and dining. While you won’t find any bars or restaurants in the suburb itself, trendy hotspots such as The Bungalow are within easy reach of villas in the area. This is where locals and visitors come to relax and enjoy the vibe after a long, hard day of lazing on the beach. Camps Bay and its beachfront are mere minutes away, with many cafes and bars such as Café Caprice, Bungalow, Paranga, The Codfather in close reach. Also within driving distance are the many bars, clubs and restaurants of Green Point and the City Centre, allowing you to head out to enjoy the nightlife of the CBD before returning to the tranquillity and quiet of your villa. For those wanting to sample local wines, the Constantia Wine Route is less than half an hour away, while the Cape Winelands can be accessed in less than an hour. Should you feel like staying in, there are a number of local food and drink delivery services, too, including Mr Delivery, Uber Eats and OrderIn.
- Shopping. There are no shops in Clifton itself. Just next door in Camps Bay however, you will find the small but excellent mall, The Promenade. About 10 minutes away, you will be able to access the renowned V&A Waterfront – home to dozens of luxury stores, department stores, restaurants, grocery stores, and amenities such as foreign exchange and post offices. The City Centre and De Waterkant also offer shopping options, while the CBD is home to markets. If you’re keen for a drive, you can also take the gorgeous coastal road into Hout Bay to enjoy the Bay Harbour Market that runs on Friday evening. Once you have shopped until you are ready to drop, you can return home to your villa, to enjoy some peace and quiet.
- Entertainment. Ready to hit the town? There are a number of entertainment options near Clifton accommodation. Camps Bay is home to the Theatre on the Bay, which regularly hosts a variety of shows, from musicals to comedy, drama and more. Also in Camps Bay is Dizzy’s – a local pizza joint that hosts weekly karaoke nights. In the City Bowl, there are a number of dinner and theatre venues. In the Waterfront, at the Pump House, you will find the amazing Cape Town Comedy Club, which is always a good choice for dinner, drinks and plenty of laughs. Other nearby entertainment venues include the Artscape Theatre, Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and the Waterfront. If you don’t mind taking a drive, the GrandWest Casino in Goodwood is about a half hour or so away.
- Romance ready. With its powdery beaches and azure waters, it goes without saying that accommodation in Clifton was made for romance. These beaches are some of the most beautiful on the planet. Many of our luxurious Clifton villas offer enticing features ranging from hot tubs to spa bathrooms, sumptuous master suites, private chefs, personal butlers and many other exclusive features that add to the sense of romance. By day, you can enjoy the area’s exquisite beaches, soaking up the sun or relaxing in your peaceful villa. By night, you can head to explore the city’s nightlife, with plenty to see and do. If you haven’t already fallen head over heels in love with Clifton, you soon will once you experience a night in this coastal oasis.
- Family-friendly. That’s not to say that Clifton isn’t also a good fit for family holidays. Thanks to the ample space of most of our Clifton accommodation, kids will have space to run around. Some of our most sought-after villas are found directly on the sands of Clifton beaches. While certain villas and apartments are not suitable for very small children, others cater to families and provide extra bunk beds, cots and child-friendly features. In addition to the choice for four beaches, other highlights to enjoy on family holidays include the nearby Waterfront with its boat charters and aquarium, plus the number of museums and kid’s activities within the City Centre and surrounds.
Browse Our Featured Clifton Holiday Accommodation
Now that you know a little more about what to expect when visiting this area, we’re here to help you find the perfect place to stay. ComeToCapeTown.com offers an excellent selection of villas, apartments and holiday houses in Clifton. Whatever your needs may be, you are sure to find what you are looking for. Our Curated Collection showcases the very best of the best, featuring some of our most sought-after accommodation.
To get started, view our featured accommodation in Clifton below. From there, you can make an enquiry to check availability, and secure your booking. Got any questions about finding Clifton accommodation? Contact the ComeToCapeTown.com team right now for assistance!