With the glorious sunny days we have been having the past few days in Cape Town, there is no doubt that spring is getting closer and closer. September is almost here, and in the next month there is a huge deal to look forward to across the peninsula. Concerts, sporting events, wine festivals, book festivals, whale festivals, flower festivals and even comedy festivals are just some of the highlights on the September social calendar.
Whether you are keen for good wine, good laughs, good times or simply looking forward to a good month, September is a great time of year for locals and visitors alike. As the countryside shows off with its spectacular wild flowers, the atmosphere begins to change too. After all, one of the best things about spring aside from the amazing scenery is that summer is not too far off!
What’s Happening in Cape Town in September?
Wondering what is happening in and around Cape Town this September? Here are some of the events and things to do that really should be added to your calendar.
- McGregor Food and Wine Festival, McGregor – 1 September 2012
- Franschhoek Uncorked, Franschhoek – 1 September – 3 September 2012
- Spring Splash, Fish Hoek – 2 September 2012
- Nando’s Cape Town Comedy Festival, Foreshore – 3 September – 10 September 2012
- Ritmo – Alien Safari, 8 September 2012
- Tri-Robben Island, Cape Town – 9 September 2012
- 8th International Aquarium Congress, Foreshore – 9 September – 14 September 2012
- E-Tourism Africa Summit 2012, Foreshore – 13 September – 14 September 2012
- Darling Wild Flower Show, Darling – 14 September – 17 September 2012
- Hermanus Flower and Eco Fair, Hermanus – 20 September – 24 September 2012
- Open Book Cape Town Literary Festival, Foreshore – 20 September – 25 September 2012
- Cape Town Marathon, City Centre – 23 September 2012
- Cape Wine, Foreshore – 25 September – 28 September 2012
- Vindaba, Foreshore – 26 September – 28 September 2012
- Tulbagh Horse & Wildflower Show, Tulbagh – 26 September – 30 September 2012
- Ard Matthews & Friends Benefit Concert, Woodstock – 27 September 2012
- Nederburg Wine Auction, Paarl – 28 September – 30 September 2012
- Hermanus Whale Festival, Hermanus – 28 September – 1 October 2012
- Paternoster Heritage Festival, Paternoster – 29 September 2012
- Spring into Fynbos, Cape Point Nature Reserve – 29 September 2012
- Riebeek Valley Shiraz and Art Weekend, Riebeek Kasteel – 29 September – 1 October 2012
These are just some of the things you can expect next month. Don’t forget that there are still all the usual attractions, activities, restaurants, clubs, theatres, nature reserves, beaches and other great highlights that can be found each and every month in the Mother City.
Whether you make every day (or at least every weekend) packed to the brim full of September events and stuff to do, or you enjoy just a few of these highlights, one thing is for sure… September in Cape Town is SPECTACULAR!
How will you be spending your September in Cape Town? Head on over to our Facebook page to tell us your ideas for an epic start to spring!