With an abundance of options to suit just about every taste, budget and preference, there is no doubt that Cape Town accommodation is as diverse as its cultures, sights and people. South Africa’s Mother City has become one of the world’s most sought-after destinations, attracting large numbers of visitors to its shores each year. Thanks to a number of travel awards won over the years, which have ranged from local best-of picks to global accolades from industry leaders such as TripAdvisor, Lonely Planet, Conde Naste, Telegraph and National Geographic, the city has long enjoyed a stellar reputation as a leading holiday destination. Film makers adore Cape Town as much as its visitors, with numerous series and movies filmed here over the years. The city has even been included in the list of cities included on a special travel themed Monopoly Board edition called Here & Now.
Needless to say, Cape Town is a city that knows how to impress. Whether you are visiting the idyllic Atlantic Seaboard hotspots of Camps Bay and Clifton, or discovering the vibrant City Centre and its many interesting attractions, or even exploring well-known tourist landmarks such as the V&A Waterfront, you are sure to find the perfect Cape Town accommodation to meet your needs.
Why Book Cape Town Accommodation?
Cape Town accommodation includes some of the most sought-after properties in Africa. Areas such as Camps Bay are especially in demand. Often referred to as South Africa’s version of St Tropaz, this area is home to luxurious villas that offer some of the best views imaginable. Modern apartments in the heart of the city meanwhile cater to both leisure and business travellers alike, with everything you could ever want (and even more than you could ever imagine).
Some of the top reasons to book your Cape Town accommodation include the following:
- Diverse accommodation. With a huge variety of places to stay, the diversity of accommodation in Cape Town is truly amazing. Families can take their pick from seaside villas and holiday homes to quiet cottages and spacious apartments. Honeymooners and other travellers in search of romance are sure to find plenty of tranquil options that are perfect for couples seeking something special. Business travellers will find a huge range of central Cape Town accommodation in the City Centre and surrounds. Whatever your budget and preferences may be, we will help you find just the right place to enjoy a well-deserved escape.
- Wining and dining. Cape Town is a recognised foodie destination. So much in fact that food tourism is a huge deal in this city. The craft beer scene is growing all the time, while artisan gin distilleries are popping up in trendy areas such as Woodstock. Artisan chocolate, slow food, sea food, sushi, pizza, Middle Eastern, Italian, desserts, ice cream sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs and even South African classics such as braai meat can be enjoyed. Head down to the V&A Waterfront, Camps Bay beachfront, or popular haunts such as Kloof Street, Bree Street or Long Street to get a taste of the city’s food. Or, take a drive to the Cape Winelands for fine wine and elegant dining. The Constantia Winelands is also a must for any food and wine lover.
- Shopping. The city is home to a number of shopping highlights. The V&A Waterfront is one of the most well-known shopping centres, housing a number of designer stores, department stores and retailers of all varieties. The Cape Quarter centre in De Waterkant is small but significant, while The Promenade in Camps Bay also offers a variety of shops. The City Centre and areas such as Gardens are also great for shopping, whether at the Gardens Shopping Centre or the many interesting stores found along Kloof or Long Streets. Markets to look out for include Green Market Square in the CBD, Bay Harbour in Hout Bay and the Waterfront’s permanent covered market, The Watershed.
- Entertainment. Shopping not your thing? No problem. Entertainment is something the Mother City does extremely well. The majority of malls house cinemas, while The Labia is also a classic choice for movie lovers. Theatres include the Artscape, Baxter, Theatre on the Bay and Richard’s Supper Stage to name just a few. Then there are the night clubs, cocktail bars, gay bars, supper theatres, concerts, events and various seasonal happenings also to look forward to throughout each year.
- Romance ready. Not surprisingly from a city famous for its secluded beaches, 5-star dining establishments, flawless Cape Town accommodation choices and huge abundance of things to see and do, romance is practically guaranteed in this city. Many of our villas and apartments cater to couples and honeymooners, with plenty of privacy enjoyed with luxurious features ranging from hot tubs to spa bathrooms. You will not have any trouble finding date ideas here, whatever you feel like doing. If you are planning to pop the question to your love, you will find a massive number of special spots that will add the perfect setting.
- Family-friendly. The Mother City is ideal for families, too. Kids have a wide selection of things to do and places to visit. To name just a few, there is the Two Oceans Aquarium and Mineral World Scratch Patch at the Waterfront, along with helicopter and boat charters. A little way outside of the CBD, heading towards the Cape Winelands, there is a magical place called Butterfly World. In Hout Bay, places such as Clay Café and the World of Birds keep kids busy. The Springbok Rugby Museum, South African National Museum, Planetarium, Gold Museum and Green Point Urban Park are also worth a visit. On top of all of those attractions, there are also countless activities for the whole family to enjoy – zip lining, boat trips, sand boarding, surfing, swimming, put put, hiking and much, more more awaits!
Browse Our Featured Cape Town Accommodation
Now that you know a little more about what to expect when visiting this area, we’re here to help you find the perfect place to stay. ComeToCapeTown.com offers an excellent selection of villas, apartments and holiday houses in Cape Town. Whatever your needs may be, you are sure to find what you are looking for. Our Curated Collection showcases the very best of the best, featuring some of our most sought-after accommodation.
To get started, view our featured accommodation in Cape Town below. From there, you can make an enquiry to check availability, and secure your booking. Got any questions about finding Cape Town accommodation? Contact the ComeToCapeTown.com team right now for assistance!