It may be pouring with rain today in Cape Town, but there is no doubt that spring is finally almost in the air. The last few days have been glorious – sunshine, not even a breeze and just a hint of crispness in the air.
Spring fever may not have hit us just yet, but the whales are coming into the bays and the flowers have begun showing off their colours across the peninsula! If you are planning a holiday to Cape Town this coming month or even longing for a much-needed weekend break, keep reading to find out how to stay entertained, inspired and revived this August.
What’s Happening in Cape Town This August?
The Western Cape Province hosts many great events throughout the year, with each season bringing new ways to get out and about. This coming month, the Mother City continues to roll on the food festivals (there is plenty of time to recover from all that good food before summer after all!), while music festivals, flower festivals, arts events, whale spotting and many other exciting highlights lie in wait this August.
Get the scoop on what’s happening in Cape Town this August…
- 19th Out In Africa Gay and Lesbian Film Festival 2nd Edition – 27 July – 5 August 2012 – Nu Metro, V&A Waterfront
- Eric Miller’s Nevergiveups Exhibition – 1 August – 31 August 2012 – Artscape Theatre
- La Burlesque at Trinity – 2 August 2012 – Green Point
- Robertson Slow – 5 August 2012 – Robertson
- Baba Indaba Cape Town – 3 August – 6 August 2012 – Foreshore
- Hermanus Times Kalfiefees – 5 August – 13 August 2012, Hermanus
- Ceres Fruit Juices Mitchell’s Pass Half Marathon – 4 August 2012 – Ceres
- Women’s Day Swim – 9 August 2012 – Camps Bay
- Hermanus Wine & Food Fair – 9 August – 12 August 2012 – Hermanus
- Klein Karoo Klassique – 9 August – 13 August 2012 – Oudtshoorn
- Cape Town Folk & Acoustic Music Festival – 10 August – 12 August 2012 – City Centre
- High School Drama Festival – 13 August 2012 – Foreshore
- Gravity Adventure Festival – 17 August – 20 August 2012 – Kleinmond
- Youth Music Festival – 18 August 2012 – Foreshore
- Fynbos Half Marathon – 21 August 2012 – De Hoop
- Nedbank Cape Winemakers Guild Auction Showcase – 23 August 2012 – Foreshore
- Cape Homemakers Expo – 23 August – 27 August 2012 – City Centre
- Tulbagh Spring Arts Festival – 24 August – 27 August 2012 – Tulbagh
- Clanwilliam Wild Flower Show – 24 August – 1 September – Clanwilliam
- Canal Walk Home & Lifestyle Expo – 26 August 2012 – Milnerton
- Winebiz Conference – 30 August 2012 – Stellenbosch
Another very exciting event that the ComeToCapeTown team is looking forward to in August is the Getaway Travel Blogging Conference that will be held at the Upper Eastside Hotel in Woodstock next month. As we are always looking for new ways to inspire our readers and visitors to the beautiful city of Cape Town, we can’t wait to find even more inspiration that will add value to our Cape Town blog.
What are you up to this August? Tell us all about it on our Facebook page (and don’t forget that you can enter our awesome Alluvia giveaway by liking us on Facebook too).