We are suckers for a good Cape Town travel video. Maybe, being locals, we are a bit biased. But there is something to be said about seeing others embrace in the beauty of the place you call home. Made by PassportHeavy, today’s video has a little bit of everything that makes the Mother City one of the most popular cities on earth… beaches, hikes, markets, townships, ocean, bush, urban landscapes and, of course, its beautiful people.
Whether you’re looking for some inspiration for your next holiday, or you simply want to enjoy the sights and experiences that the city has to offer, make a quick cuppa, sit down, relax and enjoy this breath-taking Cape Town travel video.
Must-Watch: Cape Town Travel Video by PassportHeavy
With the number of travel awards it is won over the years, it is no secret that Cape Town is one of the world’s best-loved destinations. Between its iconic flat-topped mountain, world-class beaches and diverse landscapes, this city truly knows how to impress. This Cape Town travel video will show you just how much the city has to offer!
Featured in this epic Cape Town travel video are the following attractions:
- Lion’s Head. Everyone should climb Lion’s Head at least once, whether born and raised here or visiting for the first time. Taking its name from its shape that resembles a lion, this peak lies just off Table Mountain, looking out over the City Bowl.
- Greenmarket Square. In the very heart of the CBD, on an ancient cobbled square, you will find Greenmarket Square. This is where you will be able to shop a variety of goods, from African curios to handmade goods, food, music and other goodies.
- Chapman’s Peak Drive. If you’re in the mood for a scenic route, Chapman’s Peak Drive is always lovely. This road closes during certain times of the year. When it’s open, it runs between Noordhoek and Hout Bay, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
- Long Street. Always bustling, always interesting, and always worth a visit (day or night), Long Street is where it all goes down. Cafes, restaurants, bars, clubs, tattoo shops, trendy clothing stores, antique shops and many other delights are found along this street.
- Bo Kaap. The colourful cottages of the Bo Kaap are often seen on postcards and guidebooks. This Cape Malay neighbourhood lies in the CBD, on the slopes of Signal Hill. It is home to restaurants, art galleries, a spice market and a number of mosques.
- Sea Point Promenade. The Sea Point Promenade runs between Green Point, Sea Point and Mouille Point, along the Atlantic Ocean. This is a great place for a walk, or jog. It’s also ideal to watch the sun set, with plenty of cafes found nearby.
- Camps Bay. Home to a Blue Flag Status beach, glamorous beach front dotted with cafes and restaurants, and some of the best range of villas and apartments the city has to offer, we love Camps Bay, and you will as well.
These are just a few of the attractions covered in this video. Looking for more things to do in Cape Town? Or on the hunt for somewhere to stay during your holiday? Get in touch with our super helpful bookings team today and we will help you plan the kind of holiday that this Cape Town travel video has to offer!