Kirstenbosch Summer Concerts 2014-2015
Summer has arrived in Cape Town
, and that means the start of the hugely popular Kirstenbosch Summer Concerts that are held under the stars each Sunday night for the duration of summer.
If you haven't been to one of these events, you're in for a treat. The stage is situated in an open area of the garden, with a massive lawn in front that offers the perfect place to lay down a blanket and some cushions, grab a few friends, pack a picnic and enjoy some soothing sounds in the beautiful setting of Cape Town's iconic Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
We've put together a handy info guide that tells you everything you need to know about the concerts, including the lineup for the 2014-2015 summer season.
Old Mutual Kirstenbosch Summer Concert Series 2014-2015
Kicking off on 23 November 2014 and running up until 5 April 2015, the Old Mutual Kirstenbosch Summer Concert series brings you a variety of artists each week in a unique open-air ampitheatre. Concerts typically start at 17h00 - 17h30, unless otherwise stated, running until 21h00 or thereabouts.
Tickets can be purchased at webtickets.co.za
or at the Kirstenbosch
information office (provided web tickets are not sold out, on sale from the Tuesday before concert), ranging in price from R75 to R365.
The ticket includes entry to the gardens though, so you can get there a bit early to enjoy a picnic before the show starts. Parking is available at the top and bottom gates - download this handy parking map pdf
from Sanbi.org for more information on where you can park on concert days.
Kirstenbosch Summer Concerts Lineup 2014-2015
- 23 November 2014 - The Soil - R100-R135
- 30 November 2014 - National Youth Orchestra 50th Birthday Concert with Barbara Hendricks (USA) - R100-R135
- 7 December 2014 - Just Jinjer - R100-R135
- 21 December 2014 - Oliver Mtukudzi (Zimbabwe) - R100-R135
- 28 December 2014 - Hot Water - R75-R100
- 31 December 2014 - New Year's Eve Concert: Mango Groove & Arno Carstens - 19h00 - R310
- 4 January 2015 - Prime Circle - R100-R135
- 11 January 2015 - The Palotones - R130-R160
- 18 January 2015 - Matthew Mole & Tailor - R100-R135
- 25 January 2015 - Jimmy Nevis - 20h00 - R100-R135
- 1 February 2015 - The Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra - R100-R135
- 8 February 2015 - Freshlyground - R100-R130
- 22 February 2015 - Cape Town Folk 'n Acoustic Music Festival - R75-R100
- 1 March 2015 - Goldfish - R100-R135
- 8 March 2015 - Mi Casa - R100-R135
- 15 March 2015 - Al Bairre & Shortstraw - R75-R100
- 22 March 2015 - Beatenberg & Gangs of Ballet - R75-R100
- 29 March 2015 - Johnny Clegg - R130-R160
- 5 April 2015 - Jeremy Loops - R100-R135
To make sure that you enjoy your concert nights out safely and responsibly, remember that you are allowed to bring alcohol to the concert, but no smoking is permitted. Many families bring their kids along, so try to keep the festivities clean, too. And we mean that literally as well as figuratively - bad behavior and littering are not allowed at the event either.
Coming to Cape Town from out of town for a concert and looking for somewhere to stay? Check out our wide range of accommodation options across the city to ensure that you find the best place to stay overnight, for a weekend or for your holiday. Click here to browse listed accommodation available
I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to the Kirstenbosch Concert Series already... which artists are you most looking forward to seeing this summer? Share your thoughts below and let us know.
For the holiday you deserve
We are the Cape Town travel authority. Widest selection of holiday accommodation, and the best deals online. Tell us what you are looking for, and let us put together a list of options. No obligation
Request a quote
Why Cape Town
Why Cape Town? Because this is arguably the most beautiful city in the world! Natural beauty, exciting activities, gorgeous weather, delicious food, and so much more.
Why Cape Town Travel Guide