Experience the most amazing marine encounter yet with Marine Dynamics Shark Cage Diving – an eco-adventure that will completely change the way you view the often-feared predators of the deep.
There are few things that can compete with seeing Great white sharks in their natural environment. Forget whatever you thought you knew from bad horror movies, incorrect scare articles and shock-tactic You-Tube videos. In reality, these creatures are graceful, curious and hugely important to our marine ecosystems.
On a shark dive tour, you have the chance to learn more about Great white sharks, as you venture out to the famous shark-filled waters of Gansbaai in the Garden Route. With a team of marine biologists and expert crew members, you will find out more about shark breaching, feeding habits and habitats, while also enjoying both cage and surface viewing. Many other species of marine life can be seen too, from seabirds to large game fish and even dolphin.
Shark Cage Diving in Gansbaai
Marine Dynamics Shark Cage Diving tours cost R1500 for adults, and R900 for kids over the age of 12. Transfer from Cape Town can also be arranged at the added cost of R350 per person. Once you arrive, the day proceeds as follows:
• Meet-up at the Great White House in Kleinbaai, Gansbaai
• Breakfast or lunch is enjoyed, depending on the time of your trip
• Safety briefing, wetsuit sizing and background on the sharks is given before the trip
• Short walk to the harbour to board the boat
• 20 minute boat trip to reach Dyer Island, where the boat will be anchored for up to two hours
• Cage diving proceeds, with surface viewing also offered for those who prefer to stay on the boat
• Weather permitting, a short trip is done through the infamous Shark Alley after dives are complete
• Debriefing back at the Great White House with refreshments and the chance to purchase DVD of the day
Find out more about this one-of-a-kind marine experience by visiting www.SharkWatchSA.com.