Three Cities Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel and Spa, located in Cape Town’s bustling city centre, offers a modern apartment city lifestyle with chic 21st century deluxe apartments. The Wellness Club Spa at Three Cities Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel and Spa, epitomizes a cosmopolitan space to unwind and recharge with treatments designed [more]
The Three Cities Inn on the Square Hotel, a contemporary business and leisure Hotel represents a young, dynamic and colourful mid-market brand and promises to be the “best sleep in town”. Housed in one of Cape Town’s oldest buildings, overlooking the vibrant Green Market Square. The Three Cities Inn on [more]
Modern Cape Town holiday apartment with beautiful city & harbour views. It features a rooftop pool deck, gym and entertainment area with 360 degree views of the Mother City & Table Mountain. 1123 Four Seasons is within walking distance of the Castle of Good Hope & Parliament. It is fully equipped with 42′ [more]
This modern Cape Town holiday apartment boasts beautiful city & harbour views and rooftop pool deck, gym and entertainment area with 360 degree views of the Mother City & Table Mountain. 908 Four Seasons is within walking distance of the Castle of Good Hope & Parliament. It is fully equipped [more]
This penthouse offers 2-bedroom and 2.5-bathrooms. The spacious rooms are filled with captivating views of Table Mountain, the city and Table Bay Harbour. Each bedroom is en-suite and allows for privacy in the upstairs area, while downstairs the minimalist furnishings accentuate the space and views. Located on the 23rd floor [more]
This modern 1 bedroom self-catering apartment with terrace is situated in the CBD and within walking distance from the Castle of Good Hope, Parliament and Company Gardens. The apartment consists of a spacious lounge and dining room area that leads out onto an enclosed terrace with patio furniture. A sleeper [more]
A spacious modern design self-catering studio apartment on Old Town Square. The apartment is located within a secure complex that features a pool, gym and retail. Apartment 332 is a corner unit with large windows and great views towards Table Mountain. Situated in the CBD and within walking distance of the Castle [more]
A modern studio in Old Town Square with a pool and gym. Situated in the CBD and within walking distance of the Castle of Good Hope, Parliament and Company Gardens. FEATURES & FACILITIES • A fully furnished city apartment with Satellite TV (DSTV) & Air Cooler • Fully equipped kitchen • Light & [more]
This gorgeous 2 bedroom apartment, situated at The Decks in the middle of Cape Town’s busy city centre, is the ideal hideaway for the busy business executive or a family who wish to indulge in the sights and smells of the city itself. The apartment in conveniently located close to [more]
Apartments, Luxury Accommodation, Self Catering in City Centre
Features: Fully equipped kitchen with hob, oven, microwave and refrigerator Dining table with 2 x modern and comfortable seatsOpen-plan living area Luxurious bedroom with plenty of built in cupboards and electronic safeEn-suite bathroom with large modern bath and separate shower Secure Parking24 hour securityClean & linen change once a weekAir conditioningWireless [more]
For travellers seeking accommodation in the City Centre, you are sure to find plenty of options in this vibrant part of Cape Town.
The eclectic City Centre is a veritable melting pot of cultures, architectural styles, people and landmarks. Stately buildings such as the City Hall are found alongside modern shops, tiny take-out cafes and trendy eateries. Open-air markets such as Green Market Square and the Church Street Antique Market share space with corporate offices and ad agencies. Historical landmarks such as the South African National Museum lie within walking distance from the city’s finest restaurants. During the day and after dark, the City Centre never fails to be busy. Take a virtual tour to the hub of Cape Town as we explore the best things to see and do in the CBD.
5 Must-See Attractions in the City Centre
Whether you are only in Cape Town for a few days or you want to see the top attractions before exploring the rest of the City Centre, these places should be right at the top of your list of things to see…
1. South African National Museum and VOC Company Gardens – situated just off Long Street within the beautiful Company Gardens, this museum is home to many fascinating exhibits. Talk a walk through the Mammal Hall and Bird Hall, listen to the soothing sounds of whales in the Whale Booth as you look down on the gigantic skeleton of a Southern right whale, explore the Marine Exhibit, learn about South Africa’s rich history through the various ages and catch a show at the Planetarium. Afterwards, be sure to feed a friendly squirrel as you stroll through the gardens.
2. Greenmarket Square – this colourful open-air market is set on a cobbled square between Longmarket and Shortmarket Streets. Dating back hundreds of years, the goods sold here may have changed a lot, but the atmosphere remains every bit as festive. You will find many curios and somewhat generic items alongside jewellery kiosks, clothing kiosks, music kiosks and just about every other sort of kiosk you could imagine. Look out for the famous Egg Man too – you will know him when you see him!
3. South African National Art Gallery – positioned right near Greenmarket Square, this gallery is home to some of the country’s most treasured artworks. Many exhibits are permanent, with new and changing exhibits also showcased throughout the year. The diverse cultural influences of South Africa are best represented in its art, with each culture bringing its own perspective to paintings, sculptures and even photography. The tea room and restaurant outside the gallery is a great place to wind off your exploration into South Africa’s rich art heritage.
4. Long Street – by day this popular street is excellent for shopping and sight-seeing, while by night the street comes to life with a huge range of bars, restaurants and clubs. Look out for interesting antique shops, clothing boutiques, bookstores, African music stores, jewellery stores, sidewalk cafes, street vendors, restaurants serving just about every cuisine under the sun and plenty of people watching opportunities.
5. St Georges Mall & Adderley Street – take a turn into Church Street and you will enter the pedestrian marketplace of St Georges Mall. Alongside market stalls, retail shops, unique stores and media houses, you will find drummers, live music, entertainment and many little sidewalk cafes. You will also be able to get into the vibrant Adderly Street from this spot. Be on the lookout for the Flower Market, which has been an integral part of the city for as long as anyone can remember.
With a wide range of City Centre accommodation options on offer and many activities to enjoy too, this vibrant area remains one of the city’s most popular attractions. Spend an afternoon walking around and you will soon find out why!
Browse our list of available options, or contact us today to see how we can help you find your ideal accommodation in the City Centre.