If peace, tranquillity and a relaxed state of mind are what you want most from a trip, then Bakoven accommodation is absolutely the perfect choice. Bakoven is a small enclave that is tucked away neatly in the corner of Camps Bay on the Atlantic Seaboard of Cape Town. Known for its private beaches, magnificent villas, apartments and guest cottages, Bakoven is a special place for just about any kind of holiday. Whether you are planning a romantic escape for your love, or you are considering the best option for your annual family getaway, Bakoven has just what you need. This area also caters to leisure travellers and even business travellers seeking a central yet tranquil location close to the City Centre.
Relaxed enough to feel like you are on holiday, but within a seven minute drive to Cape Town, or a quick two minute walk to Camps Bay, you can really have the best of both worlds. Things to see and do around this area include basking in the sun at Bakoven Beach – a small yet breath-taking natural beach; sidewalk café culture in Camps Bay, Clifton and its four beautiful beaches, the V&A Waterfront, the bustling City Centre and all of its historical and cultural attractions and plenty of other highlights.
Why Book Bakoven Accommodation?
Bakoven accommodation gives you the best of both worlds. On one hand, you have the benefit of a secluded sub-neighbourhood that is peaceful and quiet, with its own stunning beach. On the other hand, you have the greater suburb of Camps Bay at your doorstep, complete with shops, bars, restaurants and the famous Camps Bay beachfront. The result is a destination that offers the perfect balance of quiet and accessibility.
Some of the top reasons to book Bakoven accommodation include the following:
- Diverse accommodation. Bakoven accommodation offers a diversity of options to suit every preference and travel requirement. A small but excellent number of Bakoven apartments are found here, offering lock up and go living with the kind of views you could only imagine. There are also a good selection of villas and self-catering properties, ranging in size. Many of the properties in our Curated Collection give you the added advantage of spectacular views and easy access to the beach. Whatever your needs may be, ComeToCapeTown.com will help you find the perfect place to stay in Bakoven.
- Wining and dining. The area itself has no restaurants or bars. Luckily, however, you will not find a shortage of places to wine and dine within Camps Bay. The beachfront that runs on Victoria Road is home to a number of hotspots, such as Café Caprice – a popular spot during the day and a glamorous place to enjoy cocktails once the sun goes down. There are also many wining and dining options further out in Sea Point, Green Point, the V&A Waterfront and the City Centre. This means that you will always be spoilt for choice when it comes to heading out in the evenings.
- Shopping. While Bakoven itself has no commercial space, there are a number of shopping options in the general area, all an easy drive or walk to Bakoven. The Promenade is a shopping centre that is found in Camps Bay. Located on Victoria Road, the main beachfront road, this mall is home to a variety of stores, such as restaurants, coffee shops, post office, spas and beauty salons, art galleries, real estate agents, a pharmacy and a supermarket. A quick 10 minute drive or less takes you to the V&A Waterfront and the CBD, where even more shopping options can be found. Sea Point’s Main Road also houses various shops.
- Entertainment. Bakoven itself is quiet and peaceful, which is one of its primary benefits. The greater suburb of Camps Bay however offers the perfect place to head out once the sun sets over the Atlantic Ocean. Along with a diverse range of bars and restaurants found on the beachfront, other highlights in Camps Bay include the Theatre on the Bay – the best place to watch a number of shows, from comedy to drama, musicals and everything in between; Dizzy’s – perfect for pizza and weekly karaoke; The Bungalow – conveniently located next door in Clifton and plenty more besides. There are also cinemas at the nearby V&A shopping centre, while the CBD and its many bars, restaurants and clubs is a short drive away.
- Romance ready. Not surprisingly, considering its reputation for being secluded, quiet and breath-takingly beautiful, Bakoven accommodation was made for romance. This destination is without a doubt one of the most exquisite choices for honeymoons, destination weddings and any other romantic break. Whether you are planning a romantic weekend, or a longer stay that allows you ample time to take in the beaches and many surrounding attractions, Bakoven is the most incredible place to get away with the love of your life. Accommodation options range from compact apartments to seaside Bakoven villas fitted with every luxury you could ever dream of – spa tubs, private plunge pools, decks overlooking the ocean… you are sure to find your dream Bakoven short term rental in our Curated Collection. This is the kind of location that is made famous on postcards and travel brochures, after all!
- Family-friendly. As much as Bakoven accommodation caters to couples, it is also ideal for families as well. A number of larger villas and holiday homes in the area include lawns, swimming pools and ample space. With the spectacular Bakoven beach at your fingertips, not to mention the many things to see and do in Camps Bay, the Waterfront, CBD, Clifton beaches and other destinations nearby, it will be easier than ever to plan a memorable family holiday in this part of the city. Browse our selection of holiday homes and self catering accommodation in Bakoven to see what we have in store for families and larger groups.
Browse Our Featured Bakoven Accommodation
Now that you know a little more about what to expect when visiting this area, we’re here to help you find the perfect place to stay. ComeToCapeTown.com offers an excellent selection of villas, apartments and holiday houses in Bakoven. Whatever your needs may be, you are sure to find the ideal choice. Our Curated Collection showcases the very best of the best, featuring some of our most in demand accommodation.
To get started, simply peruse the featured accommodation in Bakoven below and click on your preferred property. From there, you can make an enquiry to check availability, and secure your booking. Got any questions about finding Bakoven accommodation? Contact the ComeToCapeTown.com team right now for assistance!