West Coast accommodation offers something to suit just about every taste, bringing you the best of one of Cape Town’s most spectacular travel routes. This area incorporates a number of small towns that lie both on the coast itself, and a bit further inland. Starting after Blaauwberg in the southern part, this route spans all the way to the iconic Cape floral haven of Namaqualand to the north. Popular towns along the route include Langebaan, Yzerfontein, Lamberts Bay, Darling, Cederberg, the Swartland and the West Coast National Park area, with plenty to see and do in each destination.
If it’s wide open spaces, breath-taking beaches, unspoiled nature and a smorgasbord of diverse Cape cultures you are after, you are sure to find all of that and more along the West Coast. Offering the quintessential holiday experience, Cape West Coast accommodation includes a wide range of holiday homes and self catering accommodation to suit just about every budget and preference. This area also puts you right in the heart of the action during the Cape Flower Season and Whale Season during the spring months.
Why Book West Coast Accommodation?
Whether you are dreaming of a holiday, honeymoon or something in between, there is a small but excellent range of accommodation in West Coast that offers the ideal choice for those wanting to explore the region. This part of the Cape is filled with places to discover. The seaside town of Langebaan for example is home to a yacht club, lagoon, diversity of West Coast holiday homes, laid-back beach bars, restaurants and plenty to see and do. Heading closer to the Cape Floral Route further inland, towns such as Darling also offer a well-rounded destination for a leisure escape.
Some of the top reasons to book your West Coast accommodation include the following:
- Diverse accommodation. Our growing range of accommodation includes some of the top holiday homes and self catering accommodation in West Coast. These properties are perfect for families, groups and couples seeking somewhere to stay along the Cape West Coast during spring, summer or any other time of year. All of our accommodation gives you the benefit of housekeeping, fully equipped facilities that gives you everything you could ever need for your stay, along with our world-class guest concierge services and team of experts who are on hand to help you make the most of your stay.
- Wining and dining. The West Coast is home to a diversity of towns and neighbourhoods, each boasting their own food and wine highlights. In Langebaan, you can choose from relaxed beach bars and seafood restaurants, cafes and various other eateries and bars. In Darling, you can visit charming restaurants and cafes to get a taste of small town flavour. In other coastal towns such as Paternoster and Lamberts Bay, seafood is the order of the day. Wherever you choose to stay, there are no pretensions here… instead, you can enjoy real food in a down to earth environment.
- Shopping. Darling is always fun to explore if you are looking for second hand and vintage finds. Langebaan is home to a few small town stores, while most other towns have their own interesting retail outlets. As far as shopping centres go, there are quite a few malls to note. Table Bay Mall is a massive, brand new mall that offers a huge range of shops. This mall is located on the corner of the R27 (West Coast Road) and Berkshire Boulevard in Sunningdale. Another fairly large mall in this area is West Coast Mall on Saldanha Road, Vredenburg. Before you head into the West Coast, in Table View, there is also the Bayside Mall.
- Entertainment. Although relaxation trumps entertainment in this part of the world, there are a few ideas on what to do for fun. Club Mykonos Casino in Langebaan offers plenty of fun for those wanting to enjoy a night out. Also in Langebaan, you will find a few nightclubs and bars. In Darling, you will be have a fun night out at Evita se Perron – a legendary homage to South Africa’s unofficial first lady, Tannie Evita and Darling Brew Tasteroom & Brewery. Other highlights include the !Khwa ttu (‘water pan’) tribal discovery San centre in Yzerfontein, Stone Fish Studio and Gallery in Paternoster, and the West Coast wine route.
- Romance ready. With its vast beauty spanning across ocean, rugged mountain, flower fields and wide open spaces, there is no doubt that accommodation in West Coast is ideal for romantic escapes. Whether you are planning a honeymoon, romantic break or an anniversary getaway, this area feels far removed from the crowds while still being in easy reach of things to see and do. Hire a remote cottage or holiday home, and spend your days relaxing on the beach, taking in the sights, and enjoying small-town life at its most charming. You are sure to fall in love with this part of the world!
- Family-friendly. Needless to say, West Coast accommodation is also ideal for families and larger groups. Thanks to its ample space, beaches and family-friendly activities, the West Coast is ideal for your family holiday. Highlights to enjoy with kids include Langebaan beach and its lagoon, Die Plaasmol family farm in Hopefield, a diversity of lighthouses, plenty of markets, boat cruises, fishing, horse riding, West Coast Farm Stall and Pearl Bay Beach in Ysterfontein, Strandfontein Beach, Elands Bay Beach, Tietiesbaai in Saldanha, and Paternoster Beach to name just a few.
Browse Our Featured West Coast Accommodation
Now that you know a little more about what to expect when visiting this area, we’re here to help you find the perfect place to stay. ComeToCapeTown.com offers an excellent selection of villas, apartments and holiday houses in West Coast. Whatever your needs may be, you are sure to find what you are looking for. Our Curated Collection showcases the very best of the best, featuring some of our most sought-after accommodation.
To get started, view our featured accommodation in West Coast below. From there, you can make an enquiry to check availability, and secure your booking. Got any questions about finding West Coast accommodation? Contact the ComeToCapeTown.com team right now for assistance!