Situated in the picturesque valley, The Homestead at Oldenburg Vineyards offers exclusive luxury villa accommodation.
Spacious and elegantly proportioned, the 200 year old homestead has been meticulously restored, modernised and opened up to create a seamless flow of exquisitely furnished indoor and outdoor spaces for relaxed family living and sophisticated entertaining.
Sleeping up to 12 in six bedrooms, the accommodation is well suited to a multi-generational family, a party of friends, or a corporate team in need of a discreet setting for high-powered meetings.
Surrounded by a well-established garden, olive groves and vineyards, the double-storey house has deep verandas, a large swimming pool and a sleek, glass-walled gym from which to appreciate the dramatic Groot Drakenstein Mountains.
It comes with a resident manager – a trained butler with sharply honed concierge skills – and two housekeepers. Additional staff, such as a private chef, professional butler and childminder can be arranged.
The Homestead is perfectly positioned to make the most of the region’s exciting food and wine culture, starting on its doorstep with personalised wine tastings at the Oldenburg tasting room and close by are many of South Africa’s top-rated restaurants.
At the heart of the Homestead is a dreamy, fully equipped kitchen with airy, double-volume proportions, views framed by oversized sash windows and an inviting kitchen table set the scene for sociable, informal dining or simply a cosy family meal.
Shopping for food is usually taken care of by the staff, especially if the services of a chef have been employed, but many guests enjoy living the local lifestyle and sourcing their own gourmet ingredients from delis and weekend farmer’s markets in and around Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.
Back at the Homestead, afternoons are for relaxing at the pool, exploring the farm on foot, cross-country biking in the valley or horse riding.
At the end of the day, watching the mountains reflecting the changing colours of the sunset with a glass of estate wine in hand is almost obligatory before preparing dinner – perhaps on the open braai, South African style.
For families with young children, the Homestead’s vast, velvety lawns are made for romping and playing games, such as soccer or cricket.
Pre-arrival services include assistance with shuttle and transfer services, restaurant reservations, day trips or hiring of mountain bikes.
There are four en-suite bedrooms downstairs, two of them in a separate wing that would be suitable for children. Upstairs, there is a master bedroom suite and a twin-bedded room with its own bathroom.
Rooms are adorned with original art works, have air-conditioning, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, flat-screen satellite TV, a safe, and bathrooms with under-floor heating.
The Homestead further adds to Oldenburg’s premium product offering and provides a unique and memorable experience which is essential to successful wine tourism.
Facilities & Features
- Reception lounge leading onto a large covered patio and garden
- Living room with satellite TV with view of the garden and swimming pool
- 12-Seater dining room leading onto a small courtyard
- Fully equipped eat-in kitchen leading onto a large patio with open braai area
- Open fireplaces in reception lounge, living- and dining rooms
- Music system for indoor and outdoor entertainment areas
- SIX DOUBLE ROOMS
- Master bedroom: king size extra length bed, dressing room, en-suite bathroom with bath and shower, small balcony, adjoining lounge/study
- Bedroom 1: king size extra length bed, en-suite bathroom with shower, opens onto front patio and garden
- Bedroom 2: king size standard length bed, en-suite bathroom with shower, opens onto front patio and garden
- Bedroom 3: twin room with two adult-size single beds (can be converted into king bed), en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 4: queen standard, en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 5: twin room, adult-size single beds with adjacent bathroom with shower
- BEDROOM FACILITIES
- Garden, vineyard and mountain views
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fans
- Flat screen satellite TV with hospitality package
- Under floor heating and heated towel rails in bathrooms
- Hair dryers
- Two large outdoor entertainment areas offer ample seating and lounging for guests
- main covered patio off the reception lounge with 12-seater table and lounging area
- open braai area off the kitchen with 12-seater table and lounging area
- Large gated pool with six loungers. Pool can be heated on request
- Safe parking
- Large garden
- Gym at pool area with cross trainer, weights, exercise ball and yoga mat