22 Protea House
Located on Gordon’s Bay Mountainside, this stunning architect-designed property offers spectacular views of False Bay, Table Mountain and the Helderberg mountain range. The house has been luxuriously furnished and equipped in a contemporary open plan style with high ceilings, large living areas and floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors that provide stupendous panoramic views from every room.
Entering from the front door or garage to the upper level of the house, you find two master bedrooms and two guest bedrooms, each with en-suite bathroom and private balcony.
The master bedrooms have a bath and shower in the open plan area allowing you to admire the view as you bathe. They also have TVs. One of the guest rooms has its own kitchenette area, making it self-contained.
Descending the stairs, you find the large open plan kitchen, dining room and lounge areas. The beautiful custom-made brass-topped dining table seats twelve people. The lounge offers a gorgeous, soft, sectional sofa facing a 60 inch television above a double-sided wood burning fireplace. The kitchen is fully-equipped and offers an induction hob and four ovens – giving a huge range of cooking options. Outside there is a covered balcony with braai/barbeque, again overlooking the sea, as well as a quiet shaded courtyard to the rear. The scullery/laundry behind the kitchen contains fridge-freezer and facilities for washing and drying dishes and clothes. On this floor there are two more bedrooms, each with a private balcony. One bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and the other bedroom shares the bathroom next to it with the main living area.
Descending the stairs from the main living area to the pool through the secure Trellidor, you find a fifteen-meter swimming pool that varies in depth between 1m and 1.8m, enabling real swimming. The pool has a bikini seat along most of its length allowing you and your family and friends to relax in the cooling water, and admire the view of the mountains and the bay. The pool deck has four loungers and four deck chairs. To your right is a large TV lounge with soft seating and a kitchen area, surrounded on two sides by folding glass doors that open the room completely to the pool area. There is a pool shower room and changing room.
- Three level house with 570 square meters of enclosed area.
- Contemporary open plan design with beautiful furnishings.
- Six bedrooms each with super-king beds that can be configured into two singles.
- Heated fifteen-meter swimming pool with motor driven retractable cover.
- Four televisions offering individual DSTV, Internet TV and Blu Ray/DVD viewing.
- High band-width internet connection with mesh-based wifi enabling you to move around the house without losing connection.
- Tiled flooring with underfloor heating throughout, individually controllable in each room.
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms, and evaporative cooling in the reception areas.
- Solid fuel braai and interior fireplace.
- Uninterrupted sea and mountain views.
- Located on the edge of a nature reserve with a fabulous scenic drive along the coast.
- Five minutes’ drive to Gordon’s Bay village with its harbour, beach and restaurants.
- Within an hour’s drive of Cape Town, the airport, and the wine growing areas of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek with restaurants and wine tasting opportunities.
- Whale watching is possible from the house, all along Clarence Drive and at Hermanus ninety minutes’ drive away.
- Security features – 24 hour monitored alarm with steel frame front door, galvanized steel gates around the back door and folding motor-driven steel door (Trellidor) from the pool area to the house.
The house has been designed with safety in mind, however, there are many hard surfaces and other safety concerns for small children – the stairs, bedroom and braai balconies (these have one meter glass balustrades), swimming pool, unfenced block wall below pool with varying height drop up of up to five meters.
Thank you for considering 22 Protea House for your stay in Cape Town. Book with Us now for the lowest rates available online, guaranteed!